Monday 25 October 2010

The word on the street...


How do you think Globalism has affected world poverty? 

I think globalism has affected world poverty negatively. If you take McDonalds for example they are encouraging farmers world wide to produce as much beef as possible to supply the meet they need for the burgers and in places like Brazil acres and acres of rain forest are being cut down and burnt down to provide the farmers with land but in the process indigenous people are being put out of the forests and they are being forced to live in conditions which there not adapted for and as a result those individuals are being made very poor and have to rely on whatever other means they can come up with and sometimes that can be charity and stuff like that.

Well I think that globalism has had a very negative impact on the world in general you know in terms of poverty as bigger business are out running smaller business therefore the smaller business man is loosing and capitalism once again is just taking over.

Well I really don’t know like I don’t now that much about it cause its just like all I know is when I go into some of these supermarkets and can buy clothes for a fraction of the cost, like I have a big family and its hard for me to make ends meet as well, like its just not all about people in the third world and if I can buy t-shirts at two and three pound well why shouldn’t I? Is that not a good thing?

I think globalism aids world poverty as it exploits the poor countries.

I think it’s a bit of a joke cause ourselves are loosing out on quite a lot of jobs cause all these business are taking their work further afield instead of using their local expertise.

I think its good cause you can go to Premark get a few t-shirts for a few pound, and its better them having work than no job.

Well I don’t know too much about the subject to be honest but I defiantly think its unfair that large companies are pushing out smaller companies and its not really fair they can produce larger quantises cheaper on mass production, smaller companies don’t stand a chance.

I think its contributed toward world poverty cause large companies like McDonalds and stuff are globalising the whole world and there taking away from smaller local businesses, so I think over all its takes away from independent farmers and companies that are trying to set up their own business and develop more and its taken away from them cause their using their big brand recognition worldwide and people automatically go toward them.

No comments:

Post a Comment